Staying competitive isn’t easy in today’s evolving manufacturing space. How do you increase efficiency and reduce costs while still complying with your customers’ requirements? That’s where the Epicor Mattec Manufacturing Execution System (MES) comes in. Mattec MES utilizes Industry 4.0 technology on the shop floor—such as cyber-physical systems and Internet of Things (IoT) sensors—to help you gain the competitive advantage you need both now and in the future.
Discrete manufacturers use Mattec MES to improve quality, reduce scrap, ensure on-time delivery, and boost production throughput. It’s all about improving production execution and performance efficiency to gain a competitive advantage. How do you make more without more assets? Uncover and eliminate downtime to make more parts or cut costs. MES can improve profitability by helping you find more capacity.
Epicor Mattec MES collects data directly from equipment and operators on the shop floor in real time, minimizing inaccurate and time-consuming manual data collection. With information instantly in your hands, you can become proactive—anticipate and solve production problems before they happen. Real-time insight helps you pinpoint critical issues, reduce waste, and improve quality and customer service. Everyone in the plant and throughout the business can take action to improve manufacturing performance.
Epicor Mattec MES value for your business
- Improve cycle times, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), and plant productivity
- Eliminate manual data collection
- Improve scheduling agility with real-time insight into machine performance
- Monitor every cycle and every machine 24/7, giving you near-instantaneous visibility into production and quality problems
- Reduce scrap and rework with automatic part qualification and part rejection
- Capture part and machine process data for traceability purposes
- Maximize production and reduce costs by automatically capturing statistical process control (SPC) and statistical quality control (SQC) results
- Monitor utility consumption and pinpoint energy savings opportunities at each machine
We used to run 3–4% scrap. Last month we were down to 1.37%. You can’t get much better than that. That’s world class, and is largely attributable to Mattec. It’s the tool that gives us the numbers we need to make good decisions.Dave Rose
It’s hard to overstate how vital Mattec is. It doesn’t solve our problems for us, but you have to know you have a problem before you can solve it. Mattec helps us focus our decisions and resources. That’s absolutely key.Sam Mahon